One of Texas' most wanted fugitives arrested
AUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- One of Texas' 10 most wanted fugitives is wanted no more, and $15,000 in reward money was paid to those who gave information leading to his arrest.
Three tips led to the arrest of Javier Cortez Jr., 32, who was captured in Mexico. Cortez, a Tango Blast gang member, is now jailed in Willacy County.
Cortez was wanted for a murder that happened during an alleged robbery in 2010 in Harris County. In that case, investigators say an accomplice shot the 29-year-old victim twice, and then Cortez allegedly stood over the victim and shot him nine more times.
Fifteen thousand dollars was paid out to the tipsters that led authorities to Cortez, who was the DPS's featured fugitive for the month of July.
If you have information on any of the other fugitives on the most wanted list, you're asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477). You can also text the letters DPS followed by your tip to 274637 (CRIMES) or submit a tip on the DPS webpage.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston 53 min ago
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured 50 min ago
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma 35 min ago
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Volunteer firefighters save man from burning home
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos