Parker County family adopts tortured dog
WEATHERFORD, TX -- A dog found in North Texas with a muzzle taped shut on her severely swollen tongue will have a new home.
Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said Friday that the female pug mix caregivers named Hope will be adopted by the family who owns the ranch she was found wandering on Monday. He says Hope should be released from medical care within the next week.
Hope, who underwent surgery requiring 100 internal and external stitches, is expected to make a complete recovery with little loss of her tongue.
Fowler says he "can't think of a better family for Hope to belong to."
Officials are still seeking the suspect or suspects involved.
The dog was found about 10 miles southeast of Weatherford, about 25 miles west of Fort Worth.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 6 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 20 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 16 min ago
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 13 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin 26 min ago
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 7 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved