West Texas church mentor guilty in child sex case
MIDLAND, TX -- A mentor at a West Texas church who pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of three brothers has been sentenced to probation.
Harold Carden Thompson Jr. pleaded guilty Wednesday in Midland to seven felony counts of indecency with a child by contact and two counts of indecent exposure to a child.
The Midland Reporter-Telegram reports the 57-year-old Thompson received eight years of deferred adjudication probation.
Prosecutor Steve Stallings says the facts warranted probation and a guardian of the boys, ages 10 to 13, agreed. Thompson had no previous criminal record.
Thompson, who was accused of exposing himself and improperly touching the boys, must also do 500 hours of community service. He was fined $1,800 over the incidents earlier this year.
The name of the church hasn't been made public.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans 49 min ago
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero 49 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Travis Herzog's Thursday forecast
54 min ago
- Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
49 min ago
- JJ Watt now a superhero
49 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos