Funeral set for Texas-born dad killed in massacre
raw video: James Holmes makes first court appearance
AUSTIN, TX -- A dad killed in the massacre at a Colorado movie theater showing the new Batman movie has been mourned in the first memorial service for a victim of the shootings.
Fifty-one-year-old Gordon Cowden had taken his two teenage children to the midnight showing when the gunfire erupted. The Texas-born businessman's children were not wounded.
Cowden's body will be returned to Austin, Texas, where he grew up, for a Friday morning funeral and burial.
Cowden was the oldest of the 12 people killed in the massacre at the "Dark Knight Rises."
colorado, texas, state
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 37 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 26 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 2 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 290 missing, 6 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 19 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
51 min ago
35 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos