San Antonio toddler dies after TV falls on him
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- San Antonio police say a year-old boy has died after apparently being crushed by a television that fell from a dresser.
Child Protective Services will help investigate the death of John Rice.
Police say the boy apparently was playing at home Wednesday when he tried to climb the furniture.
Authorities believe the boy pulled open and stepped on a bottom drawer, causing the dresser to tip. The 32-inch television atop the dresser fell and crushed the youngster.
Police say the boy died later at a San Antonio hospital.
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 24 min ago
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 1 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 41 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 56 min ago
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls 34 min ago