Priceline will sell seating option for American
FORT WORTH, TX -- American Airlines will begin selling a preferred-seating option on discount travel website Priceline.com
The option, called Preferred Seats, lets a traveler reserve a seat near the front of the economy cabin for an extra fee, which starts at $4 per flight.
Fort Worth-based American says Priceline will be the first major online travel agency to sell the option, and the airline said it will offer a 25 percent discount on the fee through Sunday.
American sells the seating option on its website and reservations centers.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer