Divorced Amarillo couple indicted in 1987 killing
AMARILLO, TX -- A Texas Panhandle grand jury has indicted a divorced couple in the 1987 shooting death of a friend.
Potter County Detention Center records show 63-year-old Rosie Green was being held Wednesday on a murder charge. Bond was set at $10,000.
Investigators say the case involves the shooting death of 23-year-old Arthur Campbell.
The Amarillo Globe-News reports the indictment returned in May was unsealed Monday after authorities arrested Green at her Henderson, Ky., home. Her ex-husband, 77-year-old Horace Green of Amarillo, is also charged with murder. He's free on $10,000 bond.
Court records indicate Rosie Green was listed as a beneficiary on Campbell's life insurance policy.
Jail records had no information on attorneys for the Greens. A prosecutor did not immediately return a message Wednesday to provide further details.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 20 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother 43 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 30 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today 57 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow 11 min ago
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools 56 min ago
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Chestnut blows away field in shrimp cocktail eating contest 20 min ago
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 20 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle