Girl, 16, wounded by shots fired into Dallas house
DALLAS, TX -- Dallas police say a 16-year-old girl who was in her room has been shot after someone outside her home opened fire on the residence.
Police say five other people suffered minor injuries from flying glass during the incident early Wednesday.
Investigators say no one has been arrested. Police are trying to determine a motive for the attack. Several bullets went into the residence.
Police say the girl was asleep but awoke when she heard several gunshots from outside. The teen was shot in the torso but police say she was in good condition when transported to a Dallas hospital. Her name hasn't been released.
Further details were not immediately available
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods about comment
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Doctor wants tougher laws on dog maulings
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone