Texas boy, 13, allegedly used hammer to attack mom
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- Police say a 13-year-old South Texas boy has been accused of using a hammer to beat his mother.
Corpus Christi police said Monday that the child has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon-family violence.
Senior Officer Julie Garcia says the boy remains in juvenile custody. His name hasn't been released. Garcia says the mother suffered head, arm and facial injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
Investigators say the incident happened Saturday night when the boy and his 33-year-old mother apparently got into an argument.
Police say the boy fled after the attack, but later returned to the family's apartment and was found hiding under a bed.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- Dreamliner returns to skies with flight from Houston
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab theft
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
- HPD: Suspect arrested, others sought in Alief murders 5 min ago
- Man sought in dollar store robbery
- Jodi Arias' attorneys ask to withdraw from case
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Justin Bieber gets booed at Billboard Music Awards
- Grandmother killed, teen injured in head-on accident 1 min ago
- Photos: Billboard Music Awards from Las Vegas
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released 19 min ago
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra 25 min ago
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos