East Texas toddler found dead after hide-and-seek
WINONA, TX -- Authorities say a 2-year-old East Texas boy who disappeared while playing hide-and-seek has been found dead in a septic tank near his home.
The Smith County Sheriff's Office says the body of Jake Kimbley was located Wednesday morning near Winona.
Justice of the Peace Mitch Shamburger told KLTV-TV (bit.ly/Ng8u35) that the body was in a septic tank. Further details were not immediately available.
Investigators say Jake was playing with another child Tuesday afternoon when he turned up missing in a wooded area. Searchers on foot and using horses spent the night looking for the child. His body was located about 12 hours after the disappearance.
The sheriff's office and Shamburger did not immediately respond to messages Wednesday afternoon from The Associated Press.
Winona is about 100 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 35 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy