College Station woman aims for skunk, shoots husband
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- Authorities say a woman aiming for a skunk accidentally shot her husband when the bullet ricocheted.
Brazos County Sheriff Chris Kirk says the husband was expected to be released Monday from a Houston hospital. Kirk says the accident happened Sunday night at the family's house near College Station. The husband was inside.
The sheriff says the wife, who has a concealed handgun permit, came out of the home's detached garage and saw a skunk. Kirk says the woman fired a .45-caliber handgun at the animal but missed.
Kirk says the bullet ricocheted off a deck, went through the house's closed back door and struck the husband in the abdomen. Kirk says the bullet did not damage any vital organs.
Kirk declined to release the names of the couple.
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 28 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Watching line of storms to our north
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium fraud case
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Enormous python caught in Florida
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant 27 min ago
- BBQ marinades that are friendly to your mouth, wallet 31 min ago
- Photos: Go back in time with these Bathing Beauties!
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
14 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos