Facebook rants over boss, others cost deputy job
FORT WORTH, TX -- A North Texas sheriff's deputy has lost his job over rants he posted against his boss and two other county employees.
A disciplinary letter obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram shows Richard "Bo" Aldridge accused Sheriff Dee Anderson of drinking and driving in his county vehicle. Anderson denied the allegation categorically.
The letter also showed Aldridge made derogatory comments against one of his opponents in his campaign for the Precinct 1 constable's job, which Aldridge lost. He also made derogatory comments against County Commissioner J.D. Johnson.
The Tarrant County Sheriff's Department's Disciplinary Review board recommended his dismissal, which Anderson agreed with. Aldridge didn't appeal the decision with the county's Civil Service Commission.
texas, facebook, state
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 54 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...