Texas Forest Service adds 'A&M' to name
COLLEGE STATION, TX -- Effective Saturday, the Texas Forest Service take on a new name.
Henceforth, the agency will be named the Texas A&M Forest Service.
A Forest Service statement Friday says the agency is one of seven that operate under the Texas A&M University System that are adding "A&M" to their names.
System Chancellor John Sharp proposed the changes earlier this year in an effort to better align A&M System marketing and branding efforts.
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 45 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 10 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Two arrested for trespassing after found on roof of church 4 min ago
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong' 8 min ago
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra