Texas man goes missing while swimming off Conn.
WESTBROOK, CT -- Authorities say a Texas man has disappeared while swimming with friends in Long Island Sound off the coast of Connecticut.
The Coast Guard says 20-year-old Benji Aven was swimming from Salt Island to Westbrook early Monday when he vanished. Coast Guard officers were notified of his disappearance late Monday morning and began searching for him.
Other local and state emergency responders have joined in the search. They haven't found Aven yet. His hometown wasn't available.
The Coast Guard says the waters of the Long Island Sound can be especially hazardous at night.
texas, connecticut, state
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 9 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 2 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 54 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
23 min ago
7 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos