Body found after North Texas house fire
ELECTRA, TX -- One person was found dead following a house fire near the small North Texas town of Electra.
Wichita County Sheriff David Duke tells the Wichita Falls Times Record News that the home was engulfed in flames when the Electra Fire Department arrived moments after getting the call Sunday afternoon about the fire at the wood frame home.
Duke says a man escaped the home but told firefighters a woman was still in the house.
Deputies found a body inside that was burned beyond recognition. That person has not been positively identified, but the man who escaped said the person who remained inside was a 68-year-old woman.
Electra, with a population of about 3,000 people, is located about 30 miles northwest of Wichita Falls.
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 16 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla 35 min ago
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos