Fort Worth man held on document tampering charge
HURST, TX -- A Fort Worth man is in custody after police found fake military identification documents and several guns in his car.
Azeez A. Al-Ghaziani is scheduled to go before the judge later Wednesday. He has been held in the Hurst City jail on one count of tampering with a government record since his arrest on Tuesday.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Al-Ghaziani's battered pickup was found behind a shopping center in Hurst, a suburb between Fort Worth and Dallas. The documents and weapons led authorities to evacuate the shopping center.
Inside the truck, which Al-Ghaziani explained had recently been in an accident, Hurst police found a rifle, shotgun and air rifle. Al-Ghaziani was inside his cleaners business in the shopping center, where apparently he'd been living.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 7 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 23 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 21 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 26 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged