Fort Worth man held on document tampering charge
HURST, TX -- A Fort Worth man is in custody after police found fake military identification documents and several guns in his car.
Azeez A. Al-Ghaziani is scheduled to go before the judge later Wednesday. He has been held in the Hurst City jail on one count of tampering with a government record since his arrest on Tuesday.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Al-Ghaziani's battered pickup was found behind a shopping center in Hurst, a suburb between Fort Worth and Dallas. The documents and weapons led authorities to evacuate the shopping center.
Inside the truck, which Al-Ghaziani explained had recently been in an accident, Hurst police found a rifle, shotgun and air rifle. Al-Ghaziani was inside his cleaners business in the shopping center, where apparently he'd been living.
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Rice defeats Marshall in C-USA championship 41 min ago
- 4.5 magnitude earthquake rattles central Oklahoma 44 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats