Motorcyclist dies after being struck by hit-and-run driver
FORT WORTH, TX -- A motorcyclist is dead after his bike was slammed from behind by a pickup truck driver fleeing from Fort Worth police.
A patrol officer began the pursuit after spotting the truck speeding and driving recklessly Wednesday evening. It ended when the driver lost control making a turn, spun out and struck the man on a motorcycle so hard debris from the wreck littered the crash site for about 100 yards.
Police Lt. F.V. Gilbert tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram the driver got out of his wrecked truck and tried to run away but was caught by police. He's under guard at a hospital.
His name and the name of the motorcyclist who was killed were not immediately available.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods