Man charged with capital murder after officer dies
EL PASO, TX -- A teen has been charged with capital murder after the death of an El Paso police officer he's accused of beating last month.
Seventeen-year-old Juan Antonio Gonzalez is in El Paso County Jail with bond set at $5 million. He's accused of fatally beating Jonathan Molina when the 29-year-old off-duty officer confronted him as the teen vandalized his car.
Police say Molina spotted three males vandalizing his car Sept. 25 and confronted them, identifying himself as a police officer. The three attacked him, knocked him down and beat him as he lay unconscious after hitting his head on the ground.
Online records list no attorney for Gonzalez.
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 30 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 45 min ago
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home