Man charged with capital murder after officer dies
EL PASO, TX -- A teen has been charged with capital murder after the death of an El Paso police officer he's accused of beating last month.
Seventeen-year-old Juan Antonio Gonzalez is in El Paso County Jail with bond set at $5 million. He's accused of fatally beating Jonathan Molina when the 29-year-old off-duty officer confronted him as the teen vandalized his car.
Police say Molina spotted three males vandalizing his car Sept. 25 and confronted them, identifying himself as a police officer. The three attacked him, knocked him down and beat him as he lay unconscious after hitting his head on the ground.
Online records list no attorney for Gonzalez.
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 53 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 12 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss 20 min ago
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 56 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 36 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 3 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Fix the most common mistakes made at the gym 21 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 28 min ago
- Spruce up your furniture for spring
14 min ago
- Fix the most common mistakes made at the gym
21 min ago