Man charged with capital murder after officer dies
EL PASO, TX -- A teen has been charged with capital murder after the death of an El Paso police officer he's accused of beating last month.
Seventeen-year-old Juan Antonio Gonzalez is in El Paso County Jail with bond set at $5 million. He's accused of fatally beating Jonathan Molina when the 29-year-old off-duty officer confronted him as the teen vandalized his car.
Police say Molina spotted three males vandalizing his car Sept. 25 and confronted them, identifying himself as a police officer. The three attacked him, knocked him down and beat him as he lay unconscious after hitting his head on the ground.
Online records list no attorney for Gonzalez.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 34 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 3 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field 10 min ago
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades 36 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell 6 min ago
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 5 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Video: Flu widespread in Harris County 6 min ago
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
- Flu widespread in Harris County
6 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos