Off-duty Dallas officer shot twice, suspect sought
DALLAS, TX -- An off-duty Dallas officer working security at an apartment complex has been shot twice and police are looking for the attacker.
Police Chief David Brown said Tuesday that Officer Matthew Wagner has been taken to a hospital and is expected to recover. Wagner was shot in the arm and the torso around midnight Monday.
Investigators say Wagner and another off-duty officer were questioning a man in a van when a struggle broke out and the suspect began firing. The second officer was unharmed, put Wagner into a patrol car and drove the wounded officer to a hospital.
Police have recovered a gun allegedly used in the shooting and secured the van.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 29 min ago
- Helping military families, one child at a time 13 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend 38 min ago
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury? 50 min ago
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 3 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- David Tillman's weather forecast
3 min ago