Woman, 92, in wheelchair struck, killed in Texas
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- San Antonio police say a 92-year-old woman using a motorized wheelchair has died after being hit by a vehicle while crossing a street.
The San Antonio Express-News reports the woman died Tuesday morning shortly after being transported to a hospital. Her name was not immediately released.
Police say the driver of the vehicle that struck the woman stopped at the scene. No charges were immediately filed in the accident reported shortly after 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. The accident site does not have a crosswalk.
Police did not immediately provide additional details Tuesday afternoon.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident