1 dead, 7 hurt in South Texas wreck
PREMONT, TX -- Investigators say a rollover wreck in South Texas has left one person dead and seven hurt in a crash involving suspected illegal immigrants.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the accident happened Wednesday morning near Premont, about 60 miles southwest of Corpus Christi.
A Texas trooper was trying to do a registration check on a northbound pickup truck when the vehicle sped away. DPS says the truck went out of control and rolled. Several other people in the vehicle declined medical treatment.
DPS did not immediately return messages Thursday to provide further details.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 31 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290