Fort Hood soldier sought in Texas killing caught
KILLEEN, TX -- A Central Texas soldier suspected in the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend has been caught in California.
Killeen police late Thursday announced the arrest of Fort Hood Spec. David Michael Vega at a motel in Turlock, Calif. Vega was being held Friday without bond in the Stanislaus County jail in Modesto, Calif., on a murder warrant.
Killeen police say a passing jogger on Aug. 17 heard 30-year-old Danielle Acosta-Guerrero screaming at her residence. The victim died later at a hospital. Her 6-year-old son was assaulted but survived.
A Turlock police officer early Thursday noticed a suspicious SUV outside a motel. The license plate turned out to be stolen. The vehicle was registered to Vega, who surrendered without incident.
Online jail records did not list an attorney for him.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 56 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather 58 min ago
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake