Fort Hood soldier sought in Texas killing caught
KILLEEN, TX -- A Central Texas soldier suspected in the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend has been caught in California.
Killeen police late Thursday announced the arrest of Fort Hood Spec. David Michael Vega at a motel in Turlock, Calif. Vega was being held Friday without bond in the Stanislaus County jail in Modesto, Calif., on a murder warrant.
Killeen police say a passing jogger on Aug. 17 heard 30-year-old Danielle Acosta-Guerrero screaming at her residence. The victim died later at a hospital. Her 6-year-old son was assaulted but survived.
A Turlock police officer early Thursday noticed a suspicious SUV outside a motel. The license plate turned out to be stolen. The vehicle was registered to Vega, who surrendered without incident.
Online jail records did not list an attorney for him.
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 23 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Residents say raw sewage is seeping into homes
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death 44 min ago
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit 3 min ago
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot 38 min ago
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year 59 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Man charged in July murder of woman dumped in ditch 27 min ago