Man accused of shooting baby in Waco drive-by
WACO, TX -- Waco police say a man has been charged in the shooting of a 7-month-old boy during an alleged drive-by attack on a home earlier this month.
Police say 24-year-old Samuel Henry Jr. was charged with causing serious bodily injury to a child. Henry was served with warrant Thursday at the McLennan County Jail, where he had been held since his arrest earlier in the day on charges of driving without a valid license and possession of cocaine.
The baby was shot in the head on Oct. 10. Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton tells the Waco Tribune-Herald the baby is thought to be "somewhat improving."
Henry remained in jail Friday morning. Jail records didn't list an attorney. Bond hasn't been set on the injury to a child charge.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos