Man accused of shooting baby in Waco drive-by
WACO, TX -- Waco police say a man has been charged in the shooting of a 7-month-old boy during an alleged drive-by attack on a home earlier this month.
Police say 24-year-old Samuel Henry Jr. was charged with causing serious bodily injury to a child. Henry was served with warrant Thursday at the McLennan County Jail, where he had been held since his arrest earlier in the day on charges of driving without a valid license and possession of cocaine.
The baby was shot in the head on Oct. 10. Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton tells the Waco Tribune-Herald the baby is thought to be "somewhat improving."
Henry remained in jail Friday morning. Jail records didn't list an attorney. Bond hasn't been set on the injury to a child charge.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 13 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others 51 min ago
- Can you say this tongue twister? 9 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 35 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds