Crews rescue 24 people stuck on Stratosphere ride at State Fair of Texas
DALLAS, TX (KTRK) -- Crews have rescued 24 passengers were stuck on the Stratosphere ride at the State Fair of Texas in Dallas.
A fair spokesperson says the ride lost power around 9:15pm due to an electrical short. Riders seemed to be doing OK as emergency workers worked to lower the entire ride manually instead of lowering each rider individually.
They were eventually rescued around 11:15pm. No one was hurt.
The fair spokesperson says this is not related to the Big Tex fire.
The Stratosphere swings riders in a circle high above the fairgrounds in Dallas. It will be closed for the rest of this year's fair.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Investigators want new probe of 1996 TWA crash
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Task force to look at Sugar Land red light cameras
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Astros to announce signing of top pick Appel today 22 min ago
- Feds: Men tried to make X-ray weapon
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos