Man on tracks in Dallas struck, killed by train
DALLAS, TX -- A transit official says a man walking on railroad tracks in Dallas has been struck and killed by a commuter train.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit spokesman Moran Lyons says Wednesday morning's accident involved a Trinity Railway Express train going about 55 mph.
Officials did not immediately identify the victim, who was hit while near a trestle and dead at the scene.
Lyons says nobody on board the westbound train was injured.
DART and the Fort Worth Transportation Authority co-own the Trinity Railway Express. The system provides commuter rail service between Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 8 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 56 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 52 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 43 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish