Arrest made in bomb threat emailed in to Texas A&M
COLLEGE STATION (KTRK) -- A Bryan man accused of making a bomb threat that led to the evacuation of the Texas A&M campus earlier this month has been arrested.
Dereon Tayronne Kelly is charged with making a terroristic threat, a third degree felony, after a threat was emailed in to the Texas A&M Computing Information Services Department on October 19. Texas A&M police say he was arrested at the Brazos County Jail, where he was being held on an unrelated charge.
Kelly was identified through a joint investigation involving the FBI and several other law enforcement agencies. They were able to link Kelly's cell phone to the threat.
If convicted, Kelly faces up to 10 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
The investigation is still ongoing. If you have any information about this case, you're asked to call Texas A&M University police at 979-845-2345.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 9 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium fraud case 9 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 13 min ago
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 23 min ago
- Minor spill, tar balls cleaned up at Galveston
- Hot and humid with chances of rain today 46 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane 40 min ago
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school 29 min ago
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone 55 min ago
- OK tornado caught on cell phone
55 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos