Southwest to start flights to Puerto Rico in April
DALLAS, TX -- Southwest Airlines plans to fly beyond the lower 48 states next April, when it begins daily service to Puerto Rico.
The Dallas-based carrier said Thursday it will operate three daily flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico, from Orlando, Fla., and one from Tampa, Fla.
The routes are currently flown by AirTran Airways, which Dallas-based Southwest bought last year.
The Southwest flights will start April 14. The airline touted a special fare of $99 each way for tickets purchased by next Tuesday for travel between April 15 and May 23 except Fridays and Sundays.
AirTran will still fly to San Juan from Baltimore, Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Southwest said it was determining when to switch those flights to the Southwest name.
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured... 11 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever