NM fugitive in child sex case arrested in Texas
DALLAS, TX -- A sex abuse fugitive who worked for a children's group has been caught in Texas after being featured this month on a New Mexico Crime Stoppers website.
Investigators say 43-year-old Michael Patrick Spencer is a former Boys & Girls Clubs of America executive in the Dallas area. He spent seven years with the group in Albuquerque, N.M., before moving to the Texas affiliate in 2008.
Albuquerque police have not said if the charge of sexual contact with a minor under age 13 involved Spencer's job. He was arrested Tuesday at his current workplace, the Dallas-area chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.
Online jail records don't list an attorney for Spencer, who was freed Wednesday on $20,000 bond.
The Alzheimer's Association has put Spencer on leave. Both organizations are cooperating with police.
- Two dead in apparent murder suicide in Pasadena 25 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 54 min ago
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- First the wind, then the cold