NM fugitive in child sex case arrested in Texas
DALLAS, TX -- A sex abuse fugitive who worked for a children's group has been caught in Texas after being featured this month on a New Mexico Crime Stoppers website.
Investigators say 43-year-old Michael Patrick Spencer is a former Boys & Girls Clubs of America executive in the Dallas area. He spent seven years with the group in Albuquerque, N.M., before moving to the Texas affiliate in 2008.
Albuquerque police have not said if the charge of sexual contact with a minor under age 13 involved Spencer's job. He was arrested Tuesday at his current workplace, the Dallas-area chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.
Online jail records don't list an attorney for Spencer, who was freed Wednesday on $20,000 bond.
The Alzheimer's Association has put Spencer on leave. Both organizations are cooperating with police.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak