Nobody hurt when Longview school bus catches fire
LONGVIEW, TX -- Officials with an East Texas school district say nobody was hurt when a school bus hauling more than 60 children caught fire.
Longview Independent School District officials say the front of the bus burned as everyone on board safely evacuated.
Officials say the bus was hauling students home from Bramlette Elementary School on Wednesday afternoon when the engine caught fire. Authorities say bus driver noticed the smoke, stopped the vehicle and then helped students exit.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the engine to burn.
Longview is about 120 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 19 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 24 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard