Nobody hurt when Longview school bus catches fire
LONGVIEW, TX -- Officials with an East Texas school district say nobody was hurt when a school bus hauling more than 60 children caught fire.
Longview Independent School District officials say the front of the bus burned as everyone on board safely evacuated.
Officials say the bus was hauling students home from Bramlette Elementary School on Wednesday afternoon when the engine caught fire. Authorities say bus driver noticed the smoke, stopped the vehicle and then helped students exit.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the engine to burn.
Longview is about 120 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 22 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Recognize either of these guys?
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves