Texas communities celebrate veterans with parades
DALLAS, TX -- Texas communities have celebrated veterans with parades, speeches and other patriotic salutes to those who've served their country.
Some cities planned Veterans Day ceremonies Monday, including a parade in downtown Dallas.
Other communities celebrated over the weekend. The Houston Salutes American Heroes celebration was held Sunday, on the official date of the anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I in 1918.
Veterans in Austin were honored with a parade on Sunday.
San Antonio and El Paso held parades on Saturday. Flags and honor guards were part of Abilene's parade and celebration, also on Saturday.
Federal government offices were closed Monday for Veterans Day.
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 38 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink 51 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket 23 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 34 min ago
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat