Officials say 7 people hurt in Austin house fire
AUSTIN, TX -- Emergency officials say a Central Texas house fire has left seven people hurt including two children in critical condition.
Austin Fire Department officials say the blaze was reported shortly after 5 a.m. Monday. Four children and three adults have been transported to hospitals.
Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services spokesman Eric Jakubauskas says two girls, ages 9 and 15, are in critical condition. He says girls ages 15 and 16, plus three adults, have serious injuries.
Officials are trying to determine if the victims are related. Their names weren't immediately released.
Battalion Chief Palmer Buck says the victims apparently were asleep in the small structure when the fire broke out. Authorities are trying to determine what sparked the blaze on a morning when temperatures dipped to the upper 40s.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 58 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 28 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead 50 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system 22 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room 27 min ago
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook 31 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
54 min ago