Mother who threw children off overpass released
DALLAS, TX -- A woman who threw her two children from an Interstate 30 overpass has been released from jail and will be placed in a boarding home.
Khandi Busby was released from the Dallas County jail Monday.
Busby was originally charged with attempted murder and injury to a child after she threw her two boys from a highway overpass in March 2008. The boys -- ages 6 and 8 at the time -- survived.
After she was found not guilty by reason of insanity, Busby was sent to a state hospital facility.
Attorney Vanita Budhrani White tells The Dallas Morning News that Busby will be released with several conditions as part of her treatment.
She will not be allowed any contact with her children, who are now in foster care.
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker