Mother who threw children off overpass released
DALLAS, TX -- A woman who threw her two children from an Interstate 30 overpass has been released from jail and will be placed in a boarding home.
Khandi Busby was released from the Dallas County jail Monday.
Busby was originally charged with attempted murder and injury to a child after she threw her two boys from a highway overpass in March 2008. The boys -- ages 6 and 8 at the time -- survived.
After she was found not guilty by reason of insanity, Busby was sent to a state hospital facility.
Attorney Vanita Budhrani White tells The Dallas Morning News that Busby will be released with several conditions as part of her treatment.
She will not be allowed any contact with her children, who are now in foster care.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 20 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 4 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 4 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 34 min ago
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest 13 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash