Mom, toddler die after car goes into Texas pond
FORT WORTH, TX -- Police say a woman and her toddler daughter have died after a traffic collision sent their car into a North Texas pond.
Fort Worth police say the accident happened Thursday night and the woman called 911 as her vehicle sank in a residential pond. Police say both victims were submerged for several minutes.
Emergency personnel transported the woman and her year-old daughter to hospitals where both were declared dead.
Fort Worth police say names of the mother and child were not immediately released. Further details were not immediately available.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 18 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 19 min ago
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 12 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 58 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns