Mom, toddler die after car goes into Texas pond
FORT WORTH, TX -- Police say a woman and her toddler daughter have died after a traffic collision sent their car into a North Texas pond.
Fort Worth police say the accident happened Thursday night and the woman called 911 as her vehicle sank in a residential pond. Police say both victims were submerged for several minutes.
Emergency personnel transported the woman and her year-old daughter to hospitals where both were declared dead.
Fort Worth police say names of the mother and child were not immediately released. Further details were not immediately available.
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 47 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
27 min ago