Deer attacks men in north Texas, chews on their pack of cigarettes
WHITEHOUSE, TX (KTRK) -- A lot of guys here in Texas like to go hunting, but last Friday, a couple of guys in north Texas found an animal they usually hunt was after them.
Joseph Rose and his buddy, Cole Kellis, noticed a wild buck in their front yard. They thought it was friendly so they started to approach it.
Boy, were they wrong! The buck turned and charged at the guys, trying to hurt them and sending them both running for safety in the back on a pickup truck.
"He came up and started poking me in my ribs so I grabbed him by the horns and pushed him back and hopped in the back of my truck," said Rose. "He climbed up here and put his front paws on my seat and got my pack of cigarettes and started chewing them. I think the deer tried to switch places. I think he was trying to hunt us!"
The deer then seemed to then gain superpowers, fighting off five responding police officers who ultimately used a Taser to subdue the buck.
The game warden says he's not sorry for the two guys for being attacked. He says it could have all been avoided if they'd just left the buck alone to begin with.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns