Bulk bags of marijuana found on school bus
MARFA, TX -- Investigators are trying to determine who smuggled nearly 500 pounds of marijuana on board a West Texas school bus hauling student athletes.
Border Patrol officials say the duffel bags of marijuana were discovered Monday night in the bus transporting Van Horn basketball players. The students were heading home after games in the border city of Presidio.
The bus stopped at a Marfa convenience store so the students could get snacks. The driver opened a cargo door and saw the bags.
Border Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks said Wednesday that an agent who happened to be at the store confiscated the marijuana. Nobody was arrested.
Drug Enforcement Administration officials did not immediately return a message Wednesday.
Culberson County-Allamoore Independent School District officials could not immediately be reached due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 26 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 28 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video 26 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- Travis Herzog's chilly forecast
52 min ago