Bulk bags of marijuana found on school bus
MARFA, TX -- Investigators are trying to determine who smuggled nearly 500 pounds of marijuana on board a West Texas school bus hauling student athletes.
Border Patrol officials say the duffel bags of marijuana were discovered Monday night in the bus transporting Van Horn basketball players. The students were heading home after games in the border city of Presidio.
The bus stopped at a Marfa convenience store so the students could get snacks. The driver opened a cargo door and saw the bags.
Border Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks said Wednesday that an agent who happened to be at the store confiscated the marijuana. Nobody was arrested.
Drug Enforcement Administration officials did not immediately return a message Wednesday.
Culberson County-Allamoore Independent School District officials could not immediately be reached due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 49 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life 49 min ago
- 13 Things to Know for Thursday 6 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone