Bulk bags of marijuana found on school bus
MARFA, TX -- Investigators are trying to determine who smuggled nearly 500 pounds of marijuana on board a West Texas school bus hauling student athletes.
Border Patrol officials say the duffel bags of marijuana were discovered Monday night in the bus transporting Van Horn basketball players. The students were heading home after games in the border city of Presidio.
The bus stopped at a Marfa convenience store so the students could get snacks. The driver opened a cargo door and saw the bags.
Border Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks said Wednesday that an agent who happened to be at the store confiscated the marijuana. Nobody was arrested.
Drug Enforcement Administration officials did not immediately return a message Wednesday.
Culberson County-Allamoore Independent School District officials could not immediately be reached due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Student caught with gun on campus 7 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 11 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again! 39 min ago
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May 52 min ago
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature 35 min ago