Driver dies in fiery gas tanker wreck near Hillister
HILLISTER, TX -- Investigators say a gasoline tanker truck driver has been killed in a fiery Southeast Texas wreck.
Tyler County Sheriff David Hennigan told KFDM-TV that the fatal accident happened Friday morning on Highway 69 in Hillister.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the rig to overturn and start on fire. The flames spread to the front of a nearby home but emergency responders safely evacuated a couple from inside.
The name of the driver who died wasn't immediately released. The accident forced traffic to be diverted.
Hillister is a town of about 250 located 100 miles northeast of Houston.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 14 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 35 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 18 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared