Dallas Area Rapid Transit extends rail to Rowlett
DALLAS, TX -- The state's largest municipal rail system has extended train service to another Dallas suburb and added a bus connection to a major North Texas airport.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit on Monday began serving Rowlett with the expanded Blue Line.
DART also extended the Orange Line in Irving to connect passengers to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport via a new bus line. The DFW connection came after DART in July expanded its Orange Line into Irving.
DART on Monday also increased some fares. The transit system has consolidated three previous fare groups into just local and regional classifications.
DART's 700-square-mile light rail and bus service area includes more than a dozen cities in North Texas.
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond