South Texas man gets 14 years as child predator
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- A South Texas man has been sentenced to more than 14 years in prison for being an online child predator and meeting his victim in Laredo.
A federal judge in Corpus Christi on Tuesday sentenced Anthony Michael Puckett. The 41-year-old Corpus Christi man in September pleaded guilty to online coercion and enticement of a child.
Prosecutors say Puckett in 2010 began communicating with a then-14-year-old girl and eventually met her in Laredo for sexual activities.
Investigators say Puckett, who was indicted in July, communicated with the girl twice while in federal custody.
He remains behind bars.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 5 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 48 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 21 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston