South Texas man gets 14 years as child predator
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- A South Texas man has been sentenced to more than 14 years in prison for being an online child predator and meeting his victim in Laredo.
A federal judge in Corpus Christi on Tuesday sentenced Anthony Michael Puckett. The 41-year-old Corpus Christi man in September pleaded guilty to online coercion and enticement of a child.
Prosecutors say Puckett in 2010 began communicating with a then-14-year-old girl and eventually met her in Laredo for sexual activities.
Investigators say Puckett, who was indicted in July, communicated with the girl twice while in federal custody.
He remains behind bars.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 54 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 20 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 14 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 55 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 44 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 12 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
29 min ago