TX mom arrested with her son in Alaska
SITKA, AK -- A Texas woman has been arrested in Alaska on allegations she abducted her son.
The Sitka Police Department on Monday arrested Micki Brogdon on a request from the U.S. Marshal's Service. She allegedly took her son last November from Amarillo, Texas, where she was wanted for Interference with Child Custody.
The marshal's service said in a release that the child was placed in the custody of state Office of Children's Services, pending being returned to his father. Brogdon was to be arraigned Tuesday in Sitka Superior Court.
Marshals say this was the 400th missing child recovered in Operation Pickup, a combined program of the marshals, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and local law enforcement.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods