Sleeping man dumped into trash compactor, killed
FORT WORTH, TX -- A 41-year-old man has died of injuries received when the garbage bin in which he was sleeping was emptied into a trash compactor in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth police say the man apparently was seeking shelter from the cold early Wednesday morning when a garbage truck lifted the bin in which he was sleeping and emptied it into its compactor. Officer Sharron Neal says workers stopped the contractor when the man began to scream. He was in cardiac arrest when he was removed but revived. He died later while having surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Chad Adams and said he died of crush injuries to his pelvis.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston