Sleeping man dumped into trash compactor, killed
FORT WORTH, TX -- A 41-year-old man has died of injuries received when the garbage bin in which he was sleeping was emptied into a trash compactor in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth police say the man apparently was seeking shelter from the cold early Wednesday morning when a garbage truck lifted the bin in which he was sleeping and emptied it into its compactor. Officer Sharron Neal says workers stopped the contractor when the man began to scream. He was in cardiac arrest when he was removed but revived. He died later while having surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Chad Adams and said he died of crush injuries to his pelvis.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 29 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 32 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County 54 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack