Sleeping man dumped into trash compactor, killed
FORT WORTH, TX -- A 41-year-old man has died of injuries received when the garbage bin in which he was sleeping was emptied into a trash compactor in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth police say the man apparently was seeking shelter from the cold early Wednesday morning when a garbage truck lifted the bin in which he was sleeping and emptied it into its compactor. Officer Sharron Neal says workers stopped the contractor when the man began to scream. He was in cardiac arrest when he was removed but revived. He died later while having surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Chad Adams and said he died of crush injuries to his pelvis.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos