Woman kills ex-boyfriend who invades her home
ABILENE, TX -- Abilene police say a 34-year-old man has been shot and killed by his estranged girlfriend after he barged into her home.
Police found Earnest Gonzales wounded early Wednesday in the front yard of the woman's home. He died later at a hospital.
Authorities say Gonzales tried to break in Christmas night but fled. He returned hours later, forced open the door and assaulted the woman. She managed to retrieve a handgun and fired once, hitting him in the left side. The woman's two children -- 16-year-old and a newborn -- were in the home at the time.
Police say the woman had legal possession of the handgun and the case would be referred to a grand jury. They also say no criminal charges are expected.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 9 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 35 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising