Woman kills ex-boyfriend who invades her home
ABILENE, TX -- Abilene police say a 34-year-old man has been shot and killed by his estranged girlfriend after he barged into her home.
Police found Earnest Gonzales wounded early Wednesday in the front yard of the woman's home. He died later at a hospital.
Authorities say Gonzales tried to break in Christmas night but fled. He returned hours later, forced open the door and assaulted the woman. She managed to retrieve a handgun and fired once, hitting him in the left side. The woman's two children -- 16-year-old and a newborn -- were in the home at the time.
Police say the woman had legal possession of the handgun and the case would be referred to a grand jury. They also say no criminal charges are expected.
- Texans fire head coach Gary Kubiak 1 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 1 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas 15 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- 5 Things to Know for Today 4 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year