Woman kills ex-boyfriend who invades her home
ABILENE, TX -- Abilene police say a 34-year-old man has been shot and killed by his estranged girlfriend after he barged into her home.
Police found Earnest Gonzales wounded early Wednesday in the front yard of the woman's home. He died later at a hospital.
Authorities say Gonzales tried to break in Christmas night but fled. He returned hours later, forced open the door and assaulted the woman. She managed to retrieve a handgun and fired once, hitting him in the left side. The woman's two children -- 16-year-old and a newborn -- were in the home at the time.
Police say the woman had legal possession of the handgun and the case would be referred to a grand jury. They also say no criminal charges are expected.
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 2 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 3 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Two arrested for trespassing after found on roof of church 23 min ago
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong' 35 min ago
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra