3rd adult charged after death of San Antonio boy
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- A third caregiver has been charged following the death of a 5-year-old South Texas boy who showed signs of neglect and abuse.
San Antonio police on Thursday night arrested the boy's step-grandmother, Gloria Proo, on a charge of felony injury to a child.
Police say Josiah Williams on Dec. 27 was found dead at the family's San Antonio home. An autopsy indicated abuse and malnutrition. Investigators say the child had two black eyes and other cuts and bruises.
The boy's father, Charleston Williams, and stepmother Crystal Williams took custody of Josiah after his biological mother went to prison. Police last week charged the couple with injury to a child. Sgt. Jim Cole says Proo is the mother of Crystal Williams.
Online jail records didn't immediately list information on Proo.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Droid and Blackberry devices
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos