Soldier dies after Killeen parking lot shootings
KILLEEN, TX -- A soldier has died after being shot during a Central Texas parking lot attack that left two other men critically hurt and the gunman on the run.
Fort Hood officials on Monday announced the death of 25-year-old Spec. Austin James Sampson of Bliss, N.Y.
Killeen police are trying to determine a motive for the Jan. 2 shootings in a convenience store parking lot. Police say the Iraq War veteran and two other men were in an SUV when a gunman approached and opened fire.
Sampson died Friday at a hospital in Temple. Further details on the two survivors weren't immediately available.
Sampson had been assigned to Fort Hood's Headquarters Troop, 3rd Squadron, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, since February 2010.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 45 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 6 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos