Man charged in UT Southwestern garage slaying
DALLAS, TX -- Dallas police have charged a man with murder in the fatal shooting of a University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center employee in a campus parking garage.
Police on Wednesday arrested 41-year-old Ferdinand Glen Smith of Longview. The case involves Tuesday night's attack on 40-year-old Karen Smith, who was an executive assistant at UT Southwestern. Online jail records also indicate Ferdinand Smith faces a charge of assault-family violence.
Police did not immediately confirm any possible relationship between the Smiths. A UT Southwestern official described the slaying as an apparent isolated domestic incident.
No bond was immediately set for Smith. Online jail records did not list an attorney for him.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 4 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 18 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Casey Curry's Tuesday weather forecast
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos