Standoff in Killeen ends peacefully, man detained
KILLEEN, TX -- A standoff at a Central Texas residence has ended peacefully with an assault suspect caught and neighbors who evacuated during the more than 15-hour siege allowed to return home.
Killeen police say the incident ended around 5 a.m. Monday. The man faces an assault charge against a woman from a domestic dispute Sunday afternoon. She managed to flee and call for help.
Police spokeswoman Carroll Smith says officers were speaking with the woman when the man threatened to harm himself. He allegedly had weapons and barricaded himself inside the residence. Neighbors were evacuated as a precaution.
Officers spoke with the suspect until he was taken into custody and transported to the Killeen City Jail. His name and further details on the woman weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 26 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 45 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course