School bus kills East Texas 18-month-old girl
TYLER, TX -- An 18-month-old girl is dead after she was run over by a school bus that had just offloaded children in a rural East Texas subdivision.
Authorities identified the girl as Arra Preciado. Trooper Jean Dark of the Texas Department of Public Safety says accident happened about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday about 3 miles northwest of Tyler. She said the child walked in front of the Chapel Hill school bus as it pulled away from the stop, first knocking her down then running over her body.
Dark said the bus driver, at first, was unaware that the child had been run over but stopped around the corner from the site.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- State seeks to move sex offenders into Houston area 40 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again! 22 min ago
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May 35 min ago
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature 18 min ago
- Pope washes feet of elderly, disabled in rite 43 min ago