Texas convicted killer gets 90 years, fake officer
FORT WORTH, TX -- A convicted killer who faked being a police officer to try to sexually assault a woman has been sentenced to 90 years in a Texas prison.
Prosecutors in Fort Worth on Tuesday announced the sentence for 62-year-old Raul Alvarez-Mijan. He was convicted of impersonating a public servant.
Investigators say Alvarez-Mijan in 2010 offered a ride to a woman walking along a street. Prosecutors say she refused and Alvarez-Mijan flashed a badge and threatened to jail her if she didn't have sex with him.
She kept walking and contacted police, who minutes later located Alvarez-Mijan.
Alvarez-Mijan remains charged with aggravated sexual assault in an earlier alleged attack on another woman.
He has a 1989 conviction for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a 1983 Dallas County murder conviction.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 42 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium fraud case 52 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 56 min ago
- NFL to vote on Super Bowl hosts 41 min ago
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 8 min ago
- Hot and humid with chances of rain today
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos