ID sought after human skull found in Texas woods
JASPER, TX -- A human skull found by a deer hunter in some East Texas woods has been sent to a forensic lab in an effort to identify the person.
Jasper County Sheriff Mitchell Newman said Wednesday that authorities have not had a missing person report for several years.
Officials say the hunter came upon the remains Tuesday night in a wooded area off a road just north of Jasper. Several pieces of vertebrae were also located.
Jasper is about 125 miles northeast of Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 16 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
1 min ago