Austin: psychiatrist charged with public lewdness
AUSTIN, TX -- A child psychiatrist fired from Austin State Hospital amid allegations he sexually abused boys getting treatment has been charged with public lewdness.
The Austin American-Statesman reported Wednesday that Dr. Charles Fischer has been freed on $5,000 bond on the Class A misdemeanor. Austin police records show the 60-year-old Fischer was arrested Tuesday afternoon in a wooded area. Another man fled.
A grand jury last June indicted Fischer on one count of sexual assault, two counts of sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child by contact. He was fired in 2011 and his medical license suspended during the abuse investigation going back several years.
Defense attorney Chris Gunter says the new charges will likely mean Fischer's bond in the felony case will be revoked.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 11 min ago
- More details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl 5 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 49 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Strong storms move through SE Texas 38 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 36 min ago
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents 32 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone