Fort Worth officer shot, fleeing suspect killed
FORT WORTH, TX -- Investigators say a North Texas police officer has been shot and a suspect killed following a drug-related pursuit.
Fort Worth police on Wednesday did not immediately update the wounded officer's condition. Authorities Tuesday night described the officer's injuries as not life-threatening and said he was hospitalized in serious condition.
Haltom City police on Tuesday afternoon stopped a vehicle during a narcotics investigation and a chase ensued. The driver ditched the car and ran. Haltom City police then searched nearby neighborhoods.
Some Fort Worth officers who were at an automotive business learned a suspicious man was behind the building. Those officers went to investigate and the suspect opened fire, wounding one officer. Officers shot the suspect, who died Tuesday night.
Names of the wounded officer and the suspect weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Tanker spill cleanup continues today 3 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 12 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos