Fort Worth officer shot, fleeing suspect killed
FORT WORTH, TX -- Investigators say a North Texas police officer has been shot and a suspect killed following a drug-related pursuit.
Fort Worth police on Wednesday did not immediately update the wounded officer's condition. Authorities Tuesday night described the officer's injuries as not life-threatening and said he was hospitalized in serious condition.
Haltom City police on Tuesday afternoon stopped a vehicle during a narcotics investigation and a chase ensued. The driver ditched the car and ran. Haltom City police then searched nearby neighborhoods.
Some Fort Worth officers who were at an automotive business learned a suspicious man was behind the building. Those officers went to investigate and the suspect opened fire, wounding one officer. Officers shot the suspect, who died Tuesday night.
Names of the wounded officer and the suspect weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 25 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 1 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first