Fort Worth officer shot, fleeing suspect killed
FORT WORTH, TX -- Investigators say a North Texas police officer has been shot and a suspect killed following a drug-related pursuit.
Fort Worth police on Wednesday did not immediately update the wounded officer's condition. Authorities Tuesday night described the officer's injuries as not life-threatening and said he was hospitalized in serious condition.
Haltom City police on Tuesday afternoon stopped a vehicle during a narcotics investigation and a chase ensued. The driver ditched the car and ran. Haltom City police then searched nearby neighborhoods.
Some Fort Worth officers who were at an automotive business learned a suspicious man was behind the building. Those officers went to investigate and the suspect opened fire, wounding one officer. Officers shot the suspect, who died Tuesday night.
Names of the wounded officer and the suspect weren't immediately released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 45 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 29 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 6 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?